Bright Circle is a technical writing agency based in Sydney. We provide technical writing consulting services to clients in the engineering, construction and maintenance industries. We are masterful writers and editors, and use our problem solving and creative abilities to help our clients express themselves in writing. We help our clients write, edit, plan, and produce their bid and tender responses for multi-million and multibillion-dollar contracts.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for freelance writers and editors to join our team. Previous experience in technical writing is not required, as we will train you up, and offer continual coaching to turn you into a technical writing and bid writing miracle worker for our clients. What is important is that you are a current freelancer, as our writers work on a project-to-project basis i.e. this is not a full-time role. Typically our writers would work on three or four projects a year, ranging between 1 and 2 months in length. Our writers are paid per hour or day while they are working on projects for us. When you are not working on a project, you are free to work on your other freelance projects.
TO BE BRILLIANT IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Have stellar command of the English language – both spoken and written.
•Have strong project management skills and be able to work independently, managing your own time and managing multiple deadlines.
•Be willing to be trained as a technical writer and editor – much of this is on the job training.
•Be willing to work in a corporate environment. Previous corporate experience highly regarded.
•Be a proactive and clear communicator.
• Be a creative and proactive problem solver.
• Have dedication to quality work, continuous learning and improving your own game.
• Impeccable grooming and corporate, professional presentation (although a touch of sartorial style is highly appreciated).
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL GIVE YOU:
• Competitive hourly rate depending on experience and right fit.
•Flexibility to continue work on your other freelance projects.
•Training and coaching in technical writing and editing.
•Exposure to a corporate environment.
•Being part of a close-knit team of other freelance writers in a supportive work environment.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Has knowledge of marketing and communications, and ability to think strategically.
• Has tertiary – preferably postgraduate – qualifications in marketing, arts, journalism or commerce.
• Is currently a freelance writer, editor, journalist or marketing professional and is looking for regular corporate freelance work.
• Is preferably someone who has creative side-projects – we value creativity, creative passion and vision, and diversity of thinking.
• Has a high level of attention to detail.
• Has corporate experience, or freelance experience working with corporates. But this is not essential if you have professional presentation and are willing to work in corporate environments.
Please email a CV (no more than two pages), a writing sample and an introductory video to
Please create a video of yourself speaking to camera, upload it to YouTube, and share the link with us in the body of your email. The video must not exceed two minutes. Please tell us a little about yourself: what you would bring to the role? What is your writing experience and background? And what does being customer focussed in a professional context mean to you? The video can be made using your mobile phone or a webcam, as long the audio is clear.
We look forward to hearing from you!